New technologies such as IP Telephony don’t just replace traditional phone system but allow much greater functionality, increased productivity, enhanced customer service and lower costs than prior technologies. Here are just a few ideas for you to ponder.
- Instant Messaging (IM): Some IP PBX models come with built-in Instant messaging function that can be utilize along with a PC based interface. This is similar to the web based IM that we are familiar with. The Instant messaging function includes presence information which empowers the caller to check if the user is available and their preferred mode of communication at that point of time.
- QoS & Voice Compression: Since IP Telephony has the same network as computers and other IT equipment(s) the available bandwidth often needs to be shared between numerous kind of devices. But fortunately, up-to 10 Gigabit Ethernet bandwidth is available for the IP Network backbone today, which is sufficient for most enterprise applications. Further, Network Switches support QoS policies to be applied to IP Phones and voice related applications so that real time latency sensitive voice traffic can be given priority over data traffic. Various voice compression CODECS are available to compress voice signals over the IP Network.
- Hosted IP PBX: With an IP PBX, its possible to host the IP PBX Software (with a service provider) and register your IP Phones to the hosted IP PBX in their premises over the Internet. The service providers take care of the hardware/ software and maintenance of the hosted IP PBX, while charging a monthly expense for the Service. On premise IP PBX can be utilized within the company by using telephony cloud.
- Database Integration: A number of interesting applications can be enabled by integrating databases (like MySQL, etc) with IP PBX. An IP PBX can be customized to get certain database entries, when requested by the users, by pressing certain key combinations guided by an IVR – Interactive Voice Response. Mobile Banking is a good example of an application enabled by IP PBX through Database Integration.
- Application Programming Interface (API): External programs and applications can interface with IP PBX utilizing the Application Programming Interface that is given by many IP PBX vendors. For example, when a customer is ringing the help-desk of a certain company, the IP PBX recognizes that it is a regular customer (via the phone number), fetches recent orders and their current status and displays them on the screen of the help-desk employee. So, even before the employee picks up the phone, he/she might be acquainted with the required information to answer the call! This is enabled by integrating Customer Relationship Management Application with an IP PBX utilizing API.
There are many more benefits to IP Telephony. Explore the strategic business applications and implications of IP Telephony. IP PBX delivers a complete and sophisticated set of features and functions to simplify both internal and external telephony needs. Employing the latest IP technology software and systems hardware, a PBX platform is ready for the future today.
Expand your business possibilities with Nexbro IP PBX Phone System in such ways you never thought before. Furthermore, enjoy the flexibility to take advantage of new features and functions and access innovative and emerging technologies as they are incorporated into the PBX platform.